...it's all about being your pal
Vacancy: Program and Administrative Assistant Opening in a Non-Profit in Ibadan
Program and Administrative Assistant Opening
Location – Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Employment Type – Full Time
Monthly Remuneration – N30,000
Expected Start Date – On or before 13th January, 2014.
An Ibadan, Oyo State non-profit with interest in enterprise, governance and new media technology requests suitably qualified candidate to fill the opening for a Program and Administrative Assistant in the organisation. The non-profit is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in terms of sex, sexual orientation, ethnic affiliation, religious belief or health status. The Program and Administrative Assistant’s brief broadly includes provision of administrative, communications and project-related support to the Programs Manager and the team. He/she works to administer events, grants and other administrative duties while ensuring that the organisation stays true to its mission and meets the accountability standards expected of a non-profit.
Qualification and Requirements
The preferred candidate should have at least a first degree (third class graduates with exceptional skills are encouraged to apply) and not more than 30 years old. Cognate working experience with non-profit(s) would be an added advantage. Candidate must be willing to work 5 days a week (9am – 5pm) and some weekends as necessary. Candidate must also be disposed to travelling at short notice within the region and beyond.
- Must be an internet technology buff with proficiency in MS Office proficiency, especially Word, Excel, Power point and Social Media platforms. Any other knowledge is an added advantage.
- Must be a news junky with knowledge of happenings in Nigeria’s socio-political landscape.
- Must be able to find just anything online, indicative of good research skills.
- Outstanding written, oratory, facilitation and networking skills are a must.
- Exceptional organisational skill is required with ability to juggle several things together all at once.
- Must be able to comfortable speak Yoruba fluently and possibly also write same.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet pressing deadlines without breaking needless sweat.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send an application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and curriculum vitae in a single document attachment specifying name of applicant. E.g Application from Tukur Clara. The email subject should be – PAM (Name of Applicant). Kindly keep to the instruction.
- Application must be received on or before 12 noon, 7th January, 2014. Only shortlisted applicants would be reached before 4pm on the 9th of January, 2014.
Content Manager: email@example.com
Inquiry Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org