...it's all about being your pal
Underwater Photography Contest Launched
The University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science is now accepting entries for its annual Underwater Photography Contest.
The photojournalism contest, which began in 2005, is open to all photographers, including amateur photographers, who earn no more than 20 percent of their income from photography.
- The photos being entered for the competition must not have been published or accepted for publication
- They must be original works of the entrant
- All photographs must be of marine life. No Photographs of divers touching or stressing marine wildlife will be accepted.
- They should not be pool or aquarium shots.
- Digital editing of photographs is acceptable in moderation. Only minor adjustments will be accepted (ie. minor brightness, contrast, or cropping). Any heavily filtered or manipulated photograph will be rejected at judges’ discretion
- Fish or Marine Animal Portrait
- Wide Angle
There would be monetary prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of the categories.
The top prize is a trip on Blackbeard’s Cruises, departing from Freeport, Bahamas.
The winner would be announced at the Rosenstiel School’s popular Sea Secrets Lecture on April 20.
- All entries must be high resolution digital files in JPEG format and must include name, address and phone number of entrant and category being entered, and submitted electronically sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If on CD-ROM, should be accompanied by an official entry form, and must include name, address, email add, phone number and category being entered, and sent to:
Underwater Photography Contest — SLAB 130
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL 33149
Images submitted by students of University of Miami must be identified as student entries, as well as by category.
Deadline for submission of photo works: March 28.
For more information and also to view past contest winners and complete contest rules clickt: University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
- Your Pal
More on the Web
Content Manager: email@example.com
Inquiry Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org