...it's all about being your pal

Kano signs $1.8bn railway project with Chinese firm

01/12/2016 08:36

Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state today Nov 30 signed $1.8 billion light rail contract with China Railway Construction Group C18 for the construction of light rail line in the state.‎ ‎

Speaking at the event,he said the first phase of the construction will take two years while the second phase of the four-line rail is expected to take another two years.The first phase of the project from Dawanau to Bata is expected to cost $555 million.A Chinese Bank would provide 85 per cent of the total sum, while the Kano State Government would pay the remaining 15 per cent.

According to Gov Ganduje,the rail project will improve transportation in Kano and also boost economic activities in the state.He also said the project is part of his grand design to transform Kano into a great city.

"Upon completion, the light rail is expected to cover Janguza-Bata, Jogana-Bata, Dawanau-Bata and Kwanar Dawaki-Bata routes in Kano city."

On his part, the Chairman of the company, Mr Ben Shinxo, assured the state government of their readiness to complete the projects within the specified time frame.

Search site


Send an email: Content Manager: segunadeoye1@gmail.com

Inquiry Manager: angel.hgeorge@gmail.com