...it's all about being your pal
International Consortium of Investigative Journalists seeks investigative journalists
The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, ICIJ, an award-winning network of reporters who collaborate on cross-border stories, is seeking a seasoned investigative journalist to join one of its ongoing investigations for six months. The candidate, based at ICIJ’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., will work with a team of international reporters and editors to report and write a series of investigative stories on a tight schedule. Experience reporting in China and knowledge of Mandarin are a plus.
This is a great opportunity for a reporter who enjoys international collaborations, a congenial workplace and an extraordinarily compelling mission.
ICIJ is looking for a self-starter who can develop and execute his/her own story ideas with minimal supervision. International literacy and cross-cultural sensitivity are core competencies at ICIJ.
ICIJ produces the world’s best cross-border investigative journalism. Besides our core team in Washington, D.C., we work with a network of more than 160 reporters in 60 countries. We tackle issues of global significance such as corruption, illegal money flows and environmental crimes. Our recent “Offshore Leaks” investigation has been credited by The New York Times and other media with forcing Western nations to step up efforts to end tax havens and prompting official investigations in multiple countries. It has also been hailed as the largest international journalism collaboration in history.
ICIJ works in virtual newsrooms and partners with leading media outlets from across the world for reporting and publication of our work, including The Guardian, BBC, Le Monde and many others. Stories appear simultaneously in dozens of news outlets, increasing visibility and impact for the consortium’s investigations.
- Excellent research, writing and investigative reporting skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively across borders and cultures (including journalistic cultures)
- Familiarity with and ability to use databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to take initiative, receive constructive feedback, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be a team player and to listen and learn
- At least 10 years of investigative journalism experience with demonstrated results
- Proven track record to manage multiple tasks and ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise on financial and business reporting as well as expertise reporting in China are pluses
- Strong organizational skills
- Languages, particularly Mandarin, are a plus
Ability and willingness to collaborate with other reporters, editors and media partners around the world
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Content Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiry Manager: email@example.com