The Federal Government has appointed the Chief Executives of six information-related parastatals under the Ministry of Information and Culture.
The appointments were announced in Abuja on Wednesday by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.
The new Chief Executives are:
1. Mr. Ishaq Modibo Kawu – Director-General, Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
2. Mr. Mansur Liman – Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Mr. Yakubu Mohammed – Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
4. Dr. Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
5. Mr. Bayo Onanuga – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
6. Mr. Osita Okechukwu – Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)
The new appointees are to replace the Chief Executives of the parastatals, who were disengaged on February 15th, 2016.
The appointments take immediate effect.