...it's all about being your pal
Nigeria Young Journalist of the Year Award Launched
Entries are now being invited for the 5th edition of the Nigeria Young Journalist of the Year award, organized by Media Career Services (MCS) in collaboration with the Nigeria Union Journalists, Posterity Media, and Journalists Against AIDS.
The award, initiated by MCS, a media training and consultancy outfit dedicated to the development of the carer of journalists in Nigeria, is to recognise and encourage young journalists in the country.
Nike Ashogbon and Tosin Makinde, are the reigning joint winners of the award.
A judging board made up of top media professionals will choose winners of the awards who will get media career enhancing prizes.
Awards Categories for the year include:
- Nigeria Young Journalist of the year
- Student Journalist of the year
- Mass Communication Department Journal of the year
For Category A
- Applicants should have a maximum of three (3) years journalism experience and must not be older than 30 by December 2010.
- They must submit three(3) of their works, published or broadcast between January and December 2010.
- For entries for the print category, entrants should photocopy their works into four (4) sets while entrants from the broadcast should also submit three duplicates of their works on compact disk, the synopsis of such works should also come in four (4) sets.
Such entries must be supported with a nomination letter from the journalist’s editor or supervisor and recent curriculum vitae.
For category B
- Entrant must be a student of a tertiary institution with active participation in campus journalism.
- He or she must have at least three published or broadcast work on campus or other medium focusing on campus issues between January and December 2010.
- Sample of the published works should be photocopied into four (4) copies.
A nomination letter by relevant authorities and curriculum vitae is required. These should also come in four (4) copies.
For category C
- Submitted training newspaper/magazines of Mass Communication departments will be assessed based on content and production quality.
- A nomination letter by Editorial Advisers will be required.
- Samples should be in four (4) sets.
ENTRIES SHOULD BE SENT TO:
The programme coordinator,
Young Journalist Awards 2010,
Media Career Services,
International Press Centre,
11, Dideolu Court, Dideolu Estate,
Off Ijaiye Road, by Sweet Sensation,
Tell: 08033374017, 08023626281
Deadline: February 10, 2011.
- Your Pal
More on the Web
Content Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiry Manager: email@example.com