...it's all about being your pal
2011 East Africa Media Award Competition Launched
Practising journalists and commentators from the East African Community Partner States, can now enter for the 2011 East Africa Media Award competition.
The maiden edition of the award, which is being initiated by the East African Community (EAC) in partnership with the East Africa Business Council (EABC), is intended to reinforce the critical role of the media in East Africa, in moving forward the agenda of EAC integration. It is also being inaugurated to recognize, reward and encourage journalistic talent across all media displines in the various aspects of EAC integration.
There are four categories:
- EAC Secretary General Award, which is in honouring the Best Media, either in print or electronic media, that has been consistent in its coverage of EAC Integration Agenda
- EAC Umoja Award, which is in honouring the Best Reporter in issues of EAC Regional Integration
- EABC Chairman's Award, which is in honouring the Best Reporter in reporting business issues and further the interests of the EAC business community
- EAC Green Award, which is in honouring the Best feature Writer in matters of Environmental concern in the EAC
Rules of the competition:
- Three articles/radio/video clips adjudged by entrant as best work on a relevant subject of the East African Community Integration per category
- Articles should be in English or Kiswahili and work in any other language should be accompanied with appropriate translation
- The work(s) must have been published or aired between September 1, 2009 and February 1, 2011
- Entries submitted in 2009 for the period between April 1, 2008 and August 31, 2009 when the Awards were first announced would also be considered
- Entries should include name, address, phone and email of entrant
Materials should be sent by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 1, 2011.
Winners would be announced at the 4th EAC-EABC Media Summit, scheduled to take place from March 14-15, at the Hilton Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Your Pal
More on the Web
Thomson Reuters Foundation Launches Parliamentary Reporting Journalism Competition
2011 Korea-United States Journalist Exchange Programme Launched
CNN/Multichoice African Journalist of the Year Awards Launched
Persephone Miel Fellowship Launched
Media Training for ECOWAS Journalists
The East African Common Market
About East African Communities
Content Manager: email@example.com
Inquiry Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org