...it's all about being your pal
Summer Academy Media Course in South Africa
The Summer Academy Course of the Institute for the Advancement of Journalism, Johannesburg, South Africa, in collaboration with the International Institute for Journalism of InWEnt Germany, holds in Johannesburg, South Africa, November 8 - 19, 2010.
The course is aimed at promoting media freedom and journalistic ethics, with a focus on topics ranging from conflict reporting and investigative journalism to media systems and concepts of media ethics, as well as gender mainstreaming as a part of quality journalism.
- minimum of two years of professional experience in print or online media
- strong interest in new media in general and online journalism
- good computer skills
- proficiency in the English language
- Should be resident in the Southern African Development Community (SADC)
(Women journalists are particularly encouraged to apply.)
Applications to be forwarded to:
P.O.Box 2544, Houghton, 2041 Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Detailed CV with clear contact details
- Motivation letter explaining reason for applying, not more than one page
- A letter of reference
- A letter of endorsement from employer to be granted 2weeks leave if selected for the course
Deadline for applications: September 20, 2010.
Content Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiry Manager: email@example.com